I laughed out loud.
While his comment was smart and funny, I understood where he was coming from.
Paperwork is not compelling like social media. Keeping on top of administrative work can be a chore.
But having a good paper-trail in business is essential. Just ask a bookkeeper or the taxman.
With that in mind, here are some tips to help you get the work done, painlessly.
For the Do-it-Yourself-er:
- Review your schedule for an open time slot. Book a weekly or bi-weekly appointment with yourself, as you would a meeting with a client. Use the time for administrative tasks only. Be consistent, so the work doesn’t pile up. Reward yourself for getting the work done!
Finding help on a tight budget:
- Buddy up with a colleague who has complementary skills and exchange services
- Hire an intern or a business college student in a co-op program
Hiring a professional:
- Timeshare an Assistant with another business owner, or hire a Virtual Assistant
- Outsource tasks that don’t generate ‘direct’ revenue
Grow your business by doing what you love!